miércoles, 9 de marzo de 2016

13 and counting

This last chapters were kind of a flashback. They were when Belly was 13 years and the way the author wrote her feelings and she felt kind of left out because everyone was bigger and they didn't let her play. She always saw her like a sister and she liked that back then but now she doesn't want to be seen like that anymore. They explain a time that Sussanah and Belly's mother were getting high with pot and Belly wanted to show them that she knew something so she yelled "It's pot" and they were like oh you're right but they were also worried because she knew how pot smelled like and that is weird for a 13 year old girl. Sussanah had Cancer so they were doing it because of that.

"Then my mother came into the room with a bag of Twizzlers and a half-eaten bag of Fritos."

Like Belly was the left out child she spend a lot of time with Sussanah and her mother and she watched a lot of movies. She was very happy because she was going to eat but also because she wasn't alone anymore. With this I can predict that Belly will be happier because she can spend time with girls like "girls night" and sometimes girls need that. I think that I will be happy too if I got to spend time with girls so yes. Belly has always been with the boys so this will make her think too. 

                                
                                  "Moments, when lost, can´t be found again. They´re just gone."

This quote makes me put a lot of thinking because is so true. A lot of things and even persons become memories someday. I found sad that this is so true because a lot of people would love to like recover memories or just never forget somethings but for example when someone dies and it´s been a long time you start forgetting their smell or their laugh and that is very sad. This book has really interesting quotes that make me like analyze this book more deeply. I like reading this type of books because I identify myself and I know other people do too. 

 
 
This book really makes me think because I think that a lot of people has gone through this stage in life which we don't really know what is happening and we are trying to figure ourselves out. The quotes I found on this book really put me thinking and like I feel identifies with all the quotes. I am liking this book because I feel that a lot of people feel identified because is like a true story. I have to admit that in a very long time I hadn´t read such an interesting book where I really feel identified and feel like it´s a true story. I am liking this book and I know that this could be my favorite book for a long time.
 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario