miércoles, 23 de noviembre de 2016

The Fault in our Stars

In this blog I will talk about the book TheFault in Our Stars by John Green.

Hazel Grace  is a 17 year old girl who has lung cancer and she is know starting to have depressions because of her sickness. She feels like she can't live a teenage normal life, so her mom decides to enroll her in a support group for people with cancer. She goes to the support group and everyone shares their experiences about cancer and she meets Agustus Waters, who no longer has cancer but lost a leg because of it. Hazel also meets Isaac who has cancer in his eyes and will soon become completely blind, but he is happy because he loves his girlfriend Monica and says they will be together forever. Agustus and Hazel start hanging out and they are falling in love with each other. Isaac is broken hearted because his girlfriend broke up with him just because he was now completely blind, but Hazel and Agustus are helping him to feel better and get over it.

When I read Agustus and Hazel are hanging out with eachother this is what I thought.




"I went to Support Group for the same reason that I'd once allowed nurses with a mere eighteen months of graduate education to poison me with exotically named chemicals: I wanted to make my parents happy. " (Green 7)

This quote shows that Hazel has a huge heart and is not selfish at all. Even if she doesn't want to go to the support group she goes because that is what will make her parents happy. She is always looking out for them and that shows what a selfless person she is. Even if what they want sometimes makes the little time she has alive less awesome, she still does it for them.

"Everyone was so kind. Strong, too. In the darkest days, the Lord puts the best people into your life." ( Green 28)

This is Agustus' dad's quote of encouragement when his son had cancer. I think this shows that they are all very religious people and they think thanks to God Agustus has no longer cancer. I think this shows that Agustus' family is so thankful that he is still alive and they always remind him that. You can also see they have very clear who are the best people in their lives.


I found this first four chapters very interesting and entertaining. I feel like this story is so real and I can't stop reading it. I predict they will end up together and they  will be happy and Hazel's cancer will get cured. I really want to keep reading this book because i know it will get more interesting. I am looking forward to the next chapters hoping Hazel and Agustus' relationship is definitive.


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario