miércoles, 23 de noviembre de 2016

Getting Through

Agustus and Hazel leave Amsterdam and go back home very sad because of his terminal cancer. They know he will die soon so they are taking advantage of every minute of their time together and doing very fun and crazy things. Agustus was at the gas station when he got very sick and almost died,  he didnt want to go to the hospital but still Hazel took him. They are both very depressed bcause they know everything is getting to the end. Agustus, Hazel and  Isaac do a fake funeral for Agustus because he wanted to attend to it before he dies, so they write things they would say at his funeral. After eight days in the middle of the night Hazel gets a phone call from Agustus'  mom saying he died.

This quote made me think about Hazel and made me understand a little of how she felt.




"Last time, I imagined myself as the kid. This time, the skeleton." (Green 233)
Agustus said this when he and Hazel where in a park in which there was a big skeleton in which kids played in. He said this a few days before he died and it shows how depressed he was. I always saw Agustus as someone who didn't gave up but this quote proves that he did. It shows that he just knows he will die soon and the got over the fact he can not do anything about it,.

"Every second worse than the last. I just kept thinking about calling him, wondering what would happen, if anyone would answer." (Green 262)

 This quote shows hoe much pain Hazel is in. It also shows how loss feels and how from one moment to another a person is gone forever without turning back. How all the memories stay in your heart but you wont ever make anymore with that person and it is just all gone. I see that she feels like it is not real, like it is not happening until she realizes he is gone. She is going through a lot of pain and this quote proves how much she loved him and it hurts.

To be honest I was not expecting he would die in such short time. The last chapters I read, said he had terminal cancer but I really thought he would find a way to make it through. When I read he died I was hoping it was a dream or Hazel's imagination. I just could not believe what was happening or why it did, I could imagine how she felt aftershe found out. I am not looking forward to the next chapters because I feel that when he died the story is over and nothing worse can happen.








No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario