domingo, 25 de octubre de 2015

The Iridescent

Juli's father had a "retarded" brother and it was his birthday so Juli's dad and Juli want to see him. His name was David and he really loved puzzles so for his birthday they got one and they also went to get some ice cream. David's ice cream fall and he started having like a pnic attack because he was very upseat about his ice cream. Julianna vas very happy that she went to meet uncle Daniel and her mother thought that too. The when they arrived home Juli's mother told them that the Loski'is invited them to dinner on friday night.

"This is not the way you want to feel about your father. When I was little, I'd always thought that my dad was right about everything and that there wasn't a man on earth he couldn't take. But standing there looking in, I realized that Mr. Baker could squish him like a bug."

I want to like put some ideas on this quote. First I want to say that no matter if you have money or not some people will treat you okay if you treat them okay, maybe others only care if you have money but true people will see how you are inside, The Bakers don't have as much money as the Loski's do I think but Bryce talk about his own father the way he did because he realized how better Mr. Baker treat others and how he accept them. Mr. Loski has different opinions as we all do but he doesn't respet others. I can connect with this quote because I think that everyone wants to feel happy and proud about his or her dad but that's not how Bryce feels. 



"My friend, I didn't even know what perpetual motion was. They were talking closed systems, open systems, resistance, energy source, magnetism... it was like joining a discussion in a different language. And Juli, Juli was saying stuff like, "Well, what if you put the magnets back to back - reversed the polarity?" like she really understood what they were talking about. Then my granddad and her dad would explain why her idea wouldn't work, but all that did was make Juli ask another question."

Juli has a lot of knowledge. She talks to grown people about stuff that is really like weird for others and that grown people has a lot of knowledge. Juli is so inteligent and I think that is so interesting and importnt because sometimes you think so clearly that you can give your opinions and people will say like wow she is so intelligent and she has her thoughts clear so why won't we listen to her. Also even though she wasn't right on something she asked and I feel that is also really important. I can see that Bryce is like appreciating her.


This chapter was very interesting and it teach me a very good lesson. I think that you don't have to have an specific age to know things or to give your opinion. So far this book is giving me a lot to think on and to realize. I think that Bryce and Julianna should be together because they are just like perfect together and I think they will be perfect for easch other. Soon I will finish the book and I am so happy.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario